It’s about that time in December where you walk around Christmas shopping and all you can hear is coughing and sickness being spread behind you. You want to turn around and tell people to cover themselves, to go home take a bath and have a good long look at themselves, Instead, you turn around to see the shop covered in illness, tissues being pulled out of bags, people wiping their noses on their sleeves. The whole fiasco. Eventually, you leave with an empty shopping bag and a sore throat knowing you may as well have just walked into the walking dead and be done with it. Here my friends are the answer to your prayers.
Every December I make it my ritual to detox myself of all living germs, I have remained sickness free until my roommate happened to cough all over our apartment when we were away this year….. however I came out of it with only a few hours of feeling rubbish instead of days. My drug remedy to all of this is to clean the body from the inside out.
(Picture – Pinterest) You know when you start to get spots because you ate the whole galaxy bar yesterday and your feeling like your bodies betrayed you from that one incident, well this is exactly the same. Welcome to what I like to call, internal manifestation. How you feel on the inside determines how you look and feel on the outside.
Heres my go-to juice to help you stay fighting fit during these winter months and also to keep you deeply refreshed and ready for the day ahead reflecting any colds or flus that may happen to come to your way.
3 pieces of celery
1/4 of ginger (cut off a good section, but nothing more than a thumb size)
1 tsp turmeric
- Carrots contain vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene. Which means that it is essential for eye health. No need for those glasses anymore.
- Celery is known as a crucial member of the vegetable family containing vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin B6. Imagine Celery as Aria Stark amongst the vegetables, quiet but deadly.
- Oranges contain huge amounts of vitamin C which are proven to enhance your mood and also a great source of dietary fiber. Perfect for anyone with dietary issues.
- Ginger, Don’t get me started on ginger, the water to my bath, the flowers in my vase. A super important ingredient for anyone fridge. Some of the benefits include relieving nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness, and pain from the body. Basically a cure for anyone feeling under the weather.
- Tumeric, not only is it a Natural Anti-Inflammatory but it also dramatically Increases The Antioxidant Capacity of The Body.
- Cucumber. Perfect for hydration and giving the body a perfect alkaline kick. What more could you ask of these cute green specimen?
Love and light my fellow veggies. x